FADOS7F1, the V/I-Tester of ProT Ar-Ge, offers 7 functions in a small and handy test system that requires only a laptop computer to operate. Based on the analog signature analysis functioning defective boards can be compared based on the current-voltage characteristics (analoge signatures) on the circuit node. The comparison can also be done very comfortable with already stored signatures of a functioning board. In addition to the analyzing mode, the test system can be used as a PC 2-channel oscilloscope.
- Dual channel fault detection by V/I tester (analog signatur analyser): Fault detection by direct comparison of the current-voltage characteristics (signatures) of a working and a faulty circuit board without applying power to the unit under test.
- Fault detection by comparison with stored signatures: Signatures of a functioning board can be saved and used at a later time as a reference for troubleshooting a faulty board. The point to touch can be indicated by a cross hair mark at an image of the board.
- Equivalent circuit diagram: Display of an equivalent circuit that corresponds to the characteristic on the touched point. ***
- Display values of resistor, capacitor and diode threshold: Display the calculated values of resistance, capacitors and diode threshold voltages corresponding to the conditions at the contacted node. ***
- Dual-channel digital PC oscilloscope
- 0.2 … 25KHz square wave output: Channel 2 is used as a square wave generator. Channel 1 can be used as an oscilloscope.
- Analog voltage output: Analog DC output +4.8 V -4.7 V 2 … (100 mV steps) on channel 2. Channel 1 can be used as an oscilloscope.
*** These functions in combination are currently only offered by FADOS products!
For the following European countries you can also directly get in touch with our local partners:
France: Deltest, Ghislain Hazard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Italy: NUATECH, Fabrizio Tatti, email@example.com
Spain, Portugal: Cise Electronics, Maximiliano Calabrese, firstname.lastname@example.org
All companies or departments with the task of troubleshooting and repair of populated electronic boards will be very quickly convinced of the benefits of the system in their daily work. It makes no difference whether the test objects coming from the automotive sector, medical, motor control, video, audio, mobile phone or any other areas in which electronic components are used.
While troubleshooting, the FADOS7F1 is a very useful and reliable tool.
The benefit of the test method is the fact troubleshooting is done without applying power to the UUT and there is no risk for consequential damages due to any existing shorts, defective components or low-impedance connections on the faulty board.
The representation of an equivalent circuit of an intelligent analysis of the current-voltage curve is a unique feature. No other product can come up with something similar in this area. You can see below the curve(s), a simplified circuit with the resistance and capacitance values of the contacted node (see screenshot below).
- FADOS7F1 product
- 2 probe tips (oscilloscope probes)
- Ground cable
- USB cable
- CD with software and user manual FADOS7F1 program
- FADOS7F1 bag