FlashRunner II series (Italian patent pending) is a range of high-performance, standalone In-System Programmers specific for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner II series is targeted at production environments and can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host system.
The FlashRunner II series includes all of the programming algorithms that have been developed for a silicon manufacturer of your choice.
- Easy integration in programming lines (ATE, ICT, test fixtures)
- Includes all programming algorithms available for a chosen silicon manufacturer
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device’s memory technology limit), approved by silicon manufacturers
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card)
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232 or ethernet
- Flexible, fully configurable
- Compact and robust design for production environments
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system or secure digital card is CRC tagged)
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint.
- 9 to 24V DC power supply input
- Five digital I/O lines
- Two digital I/O or analog output lines
- Two programmable output voltages (0 to 15V, 0.25A and 0 to 5V, 0.5A)
- One analog input line
- One programmable clock output
- Secure Digital memory card (up to 2 GB)
- 512 bytes on-board dynamic memory
- On-board timekeeper and calendar
- I/O protection
- Optoisolated inputs for project selection
- Two optoisolated command inputs (START and STOP)
- Three optoisolated status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY)
- Optoisolated RS-232/Ethernet channel
FlashRunner’s open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
FlashRunner is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 or Ethernet connection (Host mode)
Via “scripts” stored in its SD card (Standalone mode)
In the first case, FlashRunner is controlled by a host system (e.g. Windows HyperTerminal); in the latter case, FlashRunner works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode thanks to its SD memory card (FAT16)
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol
- Unlimited projects (scripts)
- Log files
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc.
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument’s firmware, etc.
The FlashRunner II series includes the following models:
- FR02ATM0: supports Atmel devices
- FR02CYP0: supports Cypress devices
- FR02ELM0: supports ELMOS devices
- FR02FJT0: supports Fujitsu devices
- FR02FSL0: supports Freescale devices
- FR02INF0: supports Infineon devices
- FR02MCP0: supports Microchip devices
- FR02MEM0: supports Serial memories
- FR02NXP0: supports NXP devices
- FR02REN0: supports Renesas devices
- FR02SLL0: supports Silicon Labs devices
- FR02STM0: supports STMicroelectronics devices
- FR02TXI0: supports Texas Instruments devices