FlashRunner III series (Italian patent pending) is a range of high-performance, standalone In-System Programmers specific for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner III series is targeted at production environments and can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host system.
FlashRunner III supports a Silicon Manufacturer of your choice.
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device’s memory technology limit), approved by silicon manufacturers
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card, FAT16 compatible)
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232
- Flexible, fully configurable
- Compact and robust design for production environments
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system or Secure Digital card is CRC tagged)
- Fast and reliable for the industrial environment
- Easy integration in programming lines (ATE, ICT, test fixtures)
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics and provides you with high integration flexibility in a small footprint.
- 7.5V DC power supply input
- Five digital I/O lines
- Two digital I/O or analog output lines
- One programmable output voltage (0 to 5.5V, 0.5A)
- One programmable clock output
- Secure digital memory card (up to 2 GB)
- I/O protection
- One command inputs (START)
- Three status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY)
- RS-232 channel
FlashRunner’s open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support new features.
FlashRunner is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 (Host mode)
Via a “script” stored in its SD card (Standalone mode)
In the first case, FlashRunner is controlled by a host system (e.g. Windows HyperTerminal); in the latter case, FlashRunner works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode (thanks to its SD memory card)
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc.
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument’s firmware, etc.
The FlashRunner III series includes the following models:
- FR03ATM0: supports Atmel devices
- FR03CYP0: supports Cypress devices
- FR03ELM0: supports ELMOS devices
- FR03FJT0: supports Fujitsu devices
- FR03FSL0: supports Freescale devices
- FR03INF0: supports Infineon devices
- FR03MCP0: supports Microchip devices
- FR03MEM0: supports Serial memories
- FR03NXP0: supports NXP devices
- FR03REN0: supports Renesas devices
- FR03SLL0: supports Silicon Labs devices
- FR03STM0: supports STMicroelectronics devices
- FR03TXI0: supports Texas Instruments devices