FlashRunner Quattro is a high-integration in-system gang programmer, based on the FlashRunner technology. FlashRunner Quattro is designed for programming multi-PCB panel assemblies. FlashRunner Quattro is composed of a mainboard which hosts the programming and demultiplexing modules, plus various connectors used to interface to the target system and host/ATE.
- Four fully parallel in-system programming channels
- Channel demultiplexing: each of the four main channels can be demultiplexed to 2 or 4 ISP channels (for a total of 8 or16 ISP channels, respectively)
- Galvanic isolation (on the 8 ISP channels configuration)
- Easy Integration in programming lines (ATE, ICT, test fixtures)
- Universal and fully upgradable
- Extremely fast programming (it is one of the fastest in-system programming system on the market)
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on memory cards)
- Compact and robust design for production environments
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint:
- 9 to 18V DC power supply input
- Six digital I/O lines
- Two digital I/O or analog output lines
- Two programmable output voltages
- One programmable clock output
- Secure Digital memory cards (up to 2 GB)
- 512 bytes on-board dynamic memory
- On-board timekeeper and calendar
- Optoisolated inputs for project selection
- Two optoisolated command inputs (START and STOP)
- Three optoisolated status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY)
- Optoisolated RS-232/Ethernet channel.
FlashRunner’s open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
FlashRunner is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 or Ethernet connection (Host mode)
Via “scripts” stored in its SD card (Standalone mode)
In the first case, FlashRunner is controlled by a host system (e.g. Windows HyperTerminal); in the latter case, FlashRunner works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode thanks to its SD memory cards (FAT16)
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol
- Unlimited projects (scripts)
- Interface Library DLL to control the instrument from within user written applications
- Optional Data Protection System to make the contents of the binary file to be programmed to the target device not readable (and not duplicable) by non-authorized people
- Log files
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc.
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument’s firmware, etc.
FlashRunner Quattro is available in three different models, to best suite different gang programming needs:
- FR04A04 4 ISP channels system (4 true parallel channels), no ISP channel demultiplexing
- FR04A08 8 ISP channels system (4 parallel channels, each demultiplexable to 2 channels, with galvanic isolation)
- FR04A16 16 ISP channels system (4 parallel channels, each demultiplexable to 4 channels)