FlashRunner Cube is a high-integration in-system gang programmer, based on the FlashRunner technology. FlashRunner Cube is designed for programming multi-PCB panel assemblies. This means:
- Extremely fast programming (it is one of the fastest in-system programming system on the market)
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on memory cards)
- Compact and robust design for production environments
- Up to eight fully parallel in-system programming channels (for identical devices)
- Optoisolated communication channels and low level interface
- Easy integration in programming lines (ATE, ICT, test fixtures)
- Universal and fully upgradable
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint:
- 12 to 25V DC power supply input
- Seven digital I/O lines
- One programmable output power voltage
- One programmable clock output
- Secure Digital memory cards (up to 2 GB)
- On-board dynamic memory
- On-board timekeeper and calendar
- Optoisolated inputs for project selection
- Optoisolated command inputs (START, START_ENA and STOP)
- Three optoisolated status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY)
- Optoisolated RS-232/Ethernet channel
FlashRunner Cube open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.
FlashRunner Cube is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 or Ethernet connection (Host mode);
Via “scripts” stored in its SD card (Standalone mode).
In the first case, FlashRunner Cube is controlled by a host system; in the latter case, FlashRunner Cube works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode thanks to its SD memory cards
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol
- Unlimited projects (scripts)
- Interface Library DLL to control the instrument from within user written applications
- Optional Data Protection System to make the contents of the binary file to be programmed to the target device not readable (and not duplicable) by non-authorized people
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc.
- Friendly set-up user interface (windows platform)
- Supports microcontrollers, serial memories and direct programming of parallel memories (eMMC, NAND and NOR)
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument’s firmware, etc.
FlashRunner Cube is available in three different models, to best suit different gang programming needs:
- FRC_GP_02 2 ISP channels
- FRC_GP_04 4 ISP channels
- FRC_GP_08 8 ISP channels